Yesterday night, Angela and I were treated to some of the best fare we've had since being in Pennsylvania. My stomach is growling at the very thought of the delicious dinner that our neighbor Vonnie invited us to last night.
Vonnie is the executive chef at the Wyndham hotel over in Valley Forge and I can see why! Now, we've already had an idea of just how good his food was when he invited us over for a BBQ with his family, but this just raised the bar some more!
Add to this that Vonnie let us know that this wasn't anything fancy and was a regular Sunday meal; I can hardly imagine what would possibly be fancier than what we had.
Here's what was on the menu:
Caesar salad, grilled flank steak very thinly sliced (medium rare - just perfect!), grilled portabello mushrooms, baked potatoes, broccoli, shrimp scampi (oh so succulent), and apple bread pudding with vanilla sauce.
What made the meal even more fun were his 3 kids, Nick, Anna and Ally. I hope I am spelling their names right! Anna and Ally set the table and even had our names written down while Nick got to do the dishes with his dad.
So, in conclusion, if you are visiting the Pennsylvania area, I would highly recommend you to drop by Expert Chef Vonnie's cooking because his home cooking is really to die for.
Thanks neighbors!
Monday, November 08, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment