Monday, December 06, 2004

Weekend Update

This weekend involved lots of World of Warcraft, table tennis, cleaning, movie watching and sleep. In other words, for a homebody like me, it was just downright wonderful! We'll be publishing a list of our Blockbuster Marathon movies shortly and between the 3 of us, it's getting quite long. I think the tally was at 21 as of last night.

Table tennis fit in because I've been getting really bored with cycling and jumproping, so I posted on www.craigslist.org for a table tennis activity partner. I was hesistant at first because that meant this person would be a total stranger. After IMing abit with Nick, he turned out to be a very well mannered 45 year old Pilipino who is just about my level and was really fun and down to earth. Unfortunately the evening ended when I was reached for a bunch of ping pong balls behind the couch; I got stuck and knocked over one of our remaining lamps (thanks alot Oreo) and so we had to stop for the evening due to lack of light.

***SPOILERS AHEAD FOR ELF AND HERO***

The movie highlights were Elf and Hero. Elf is a wonderful and charming story with fantastic comedy from Will Ferrell. I believe I saw that the film was created by Jon Favreau of Swingers fame which might explain why I liked the offbeat sense of humor. I gave Elf a 7 out of 10 and my favorite scene was where Buddy is picking gum right off the subway bannister in New York. It's one of those very funny gag scenes, where I just thought - "NO WAY!".

I had actualy watched Hero illegally a long time ago and didn't understand the story at all because the copy was very poorly done. Now that I watched the real version, I finally understood the story much better. I gave it a 6 out of 10 because I felt it was overly dramatic and the director tried to be too artsy-fartsy. However, the fight scenes were fantastic and overall, it captured what I love about the Hong Kong wuxia (fantasy) style of martial arts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha your big bootay got stuck! you now have the biggest butt in the house! muhahahaha