Saturday, July 30, 2005

Where's Charlotte?

Sadly, after being discharged from the hospital on 7/27, Charlotte was readmitted for jaundice. Her bilirubin at discharge was at 16, and it had risen to 19 by the time she went to the hospital. She's now readmitted to the hospital and won't be able to come home till Sunday at the earliest.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying being her cabana boy as she tans away.

As for the pictures, daddy was bad and posted too many pictures to this blog. No problems though! If you're interested in having them, please email me or comment here and I'll add you to my email list where I'll be sending out the pics!

9 comments:

angelpoo said...

Hi Timmy! I want pictures, please add me. Mahalo!

And how's little Charlotte? Poor thing. Maybe Bryan should comment so he can put everyone's minds at peace that Charlotte will be ok. Where is that pediatrician when we need him...

pachoo said...

Wot is bilirubin? Please explain especially since I got a D in biochemistry.

happyoblivion said...

Hey congratulations! Sorry, hospital sucking up all my waking hours...

Please send photos!

For Pat: Bilirubin is old broken down red blood cells. The phototherapy will convert it to water soluble form, and it will get excreted out.

pachoo said...

if you haven't already done so, please add me to the list as well ;)

pachoo said...

Thanks Bryan.

Wot is "excreted"? HAHAHAHA

Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

The peds are still trying to find out what's causing her high bili so Charlotte's been having to go back for daily tests at the hospital. Poor Charlie and Angela!

pachoo said...

We are sending good thoughts in the direction of Philadelphia.

Mike J said...

I'm sorry to hear she's still in the hospital. It sounds like she'll be okay, but I'll send some good vibes back east.

Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

Thanks! The doctors think the high bili is from the breast milk =/ So, she's off of that for the next week while still getting her foot pricked...