Monday, February 27, 2006

A couple of fun articles about the new homestead

Eating!

http://www.viamagazine.com/top_stories/articles/clement_street01.asp

So the Presidio is great to live in, except without a car, I am taking public transit everywhere.  Thankfully, the closest area is the richmond one for good food and reasonable prices.  A snippet from the article:

"Although it's sometimes referred to as "the other Chinatown," the Richmond District offers a more diverse experience than its downtown counterpart, with more than a dozen different Asian groups throwing their languages, traditions, and cuisines into the neighborhood's cultural stir-fry. From Arguello to about 27th Avenue, Clement runs thick with their varied eateries and shops. Add in Russian, Irish, and Eastern European enclaves—the legacy of post-World War I immigrants who were drawn to the foggy Richmond's more affordable real estate—and the result is one of the richest eating, drinking, and shopping experiences in San Francisco."

2 comments:

happyoblivion said...

Mmm...I love food...

pachoo said...

"Across the street, the delightfully named New Sunny Land & Co."

I wonder what she would think about the name of our favorite Vietnamese restaurant in Rosemead: "My Dung"