Happy Day 10 to Charlotte. The doctors think that the cause of the high bilirubin has been the breastmilk so she's on all formula till that level goes down to 10. Time to pump Angela up ;)
Otherwise, she's a beaut and being absolutely spoiled by her grandma and Aunt.
Related to this, it's now been a week since my mom got angry (to put it mildly) and disowned me for being disobedient. She got upset that Angela and I wanted our family to be named Hsu-Kwan and said all sorts of really awful things. I guess I was not particularly surprised at this since she has a very self-centric world view. All the sudden she became this huge Kwan fanatic even though she's cursed her own mom and sister-in-laws out for about 20ish years. Despite all the harsh words levelled at me, Angela and Charlotte, I think what bothers me most is that she claims it is all for my own good... I don't see how that can be when she hasn't even asked once how Charlotte was doing?
On the other hand, my dad has been a tremendous supporter! In some ways that debacle has brought me closer to him, but it's always a challenge for us guys to say the "heart-to-heart" kinds of things that the better half of my life does so eloquently.
Other than that one incident, I can't express just how happy I am at being a dad. Angela's mom and sister really makes this transitional period very easy on me and the support from both granddads has been great.
I'm still putting the email list of pics together, but we'll get one of those updates out soon!
Thursday, August 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Mom is probably threatened because she's no longer the #1 woman in your life. I think it's a throwback to old asian thinking where the matriarch would be sub consciously threatened by an incoming woman, the wife of the son. At least that's what History of Chinese women taught me. Dan Gadzurik was in that class, that was cool.
I think the generalization refers to women/mothers in general, not just Asian women. The wife/mother-in-law conflict is, unfortunately, a cross-cultural and worldwide phenomena.
But don't let your mom spoil the party, Timmy. Angela and Charlotte are YOUR family now, and everyone else is EXTENDED family (even though some may be closer than others).
Great advice Pachoo! And Mr. Lemon, who's Dan Gadzurik?
He was a center for UCLA then went to the bucks. I dunno where he is now, I think he was recently traded. He was never that dominant, but he had huge potential given his size and athleticism. There's just something about LA that ruins an athlete.
On a side note, I've never dated anyone taller than my mom, or even close to her height. I wonder if I got married and my mom threw down with my wife, how it would turn out. Then again, she is shrinking.
It saddens me greatly that one of the best/greatest/happiest moments in my life has turned into such a circus. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that some folks like pups like to poop in other people's yards and not clean it up.
HARHAR
When it comes down to it, Charlotte by any other name would be as sweet well... except her poopie diapers.
Post a Comment